Friday, May 14, 2010

Quickie: The Warren

This week there was time enough for another quickie at the Warren movie theater.  While sitting in the balcony awaiting the latest installment in the Iron Man franchise, a menu was shoved in my face. What marvels lie within? Oh, a small item named Pizza.  Several choices plagued me as I dread the thought of the movie starting before my selection was made. Deciding to go The Way of the Pizza,  I ordered the five cheese pizza.  Just before the fantastic feature began, my pizza arrived.  The lights dimmed just as I began to dig in, so I'm afraid I didn't get a good look at the team-up of ingredients. Thus, as it should be, I relied on the taste.

So, how did it hold up?

The Five Cheese Pizza

The five cheese pizza came out to be about the size of a dinner plate.  As I raise the first slice to my face I noticed the pizza's crust supported it's own weight under all that cheese. The crust , while evenly cooked, brought little flavor to the party, providing strictly structural support. The sauce on the pizza was more of an afterthought. I had to stop to make sure the sauce was actually there.  The sauce was near invisible, but subtly there.  Mostly.  The five cheese blend caked on top of the pizza went from what should have been five different cheeses that identify themselves while enhancing each other became a mass of generic cheese flavor.  The strangest part about the pizza was the metamorphosis the flavor went through as it was consumed.  The first bite tasted of cheese ravioli. As I progressed towards the crust, the pizza started to taste more and more like a grilled cheese with a hint of tomato soup. All in all, the five cheese pizza may not have been the best choice, as the fried cheese dipped in it's sauce tasted more like pizza than the pizza did. I guess things could be worse, I could have not had pizza at all.  Next time I'll try a pepperoni pizza there to see if a singular cheese and topping can balance everything out.

2 comments:

  1. Don't bother trying any others. They are not good at all.

    Try the chili cheese fries. That's pretty good eatin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon-
    We both have fond memories of the sausage and pepperoni pizzas there, but that may have more to do with the newness of the balcony experience and the several festive beverages consumed before hand.
    Eating chili cheese fries in the dark sounds like it'd end in tears (or at least with a chili stained shirt) but we'll be more than happy to give them a try.
    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete